This is such a fun fast “homemade” cookie and a nice project to help use up those candy bars you have hanging around the house. (Good luck with that as mine are all gone. LOL) The flavor options are endless depending what flavor you pick for your cake mix and candy. Also, this may be a great quick go-to for you with the holidays just around the corner. Enjoy! ~Kim
“Home-made” Candy Cookie Bars
- 1 Box cake mix (pick your favorite)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cup of chocolate candy (M&Ms keep whole or chop up your favorite candy bar)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs and butter. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the M&M’s and spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden at the edges. The center might seem slightly underdone, this is ok.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares