Mr. Shucks, Cedar Rapids Kernels mascot seemed to be enjoying himself at the MIKECHAIR Concert after the game last night. He and several hundred others I might add! What a great way to end “Faith Day to Fight Hunger” at Veterans Stadium.
- The heavy rains predicted all week waited until nightfall. They were replaced by sunny skies and very pleasant weather for baseball.
- Airwaves opened the gates retro style kicking off what will be a busy summer…while making lots of new friends. Friends who came out and supported this great cause of fighting hunger with generous contributions of food and cash to HACAP.
- Serve the City gave the hometown fans lots to think about during an extended pre-game.
- The Kernels won in the ninth on a walk off sacrifice fly. The Twins farm system continues to thrill baseball lovers in our area.
- And MIKESCHAIR filled the mezzanine concert venue at Veteran’s with a nightcap that was a blessing to all in attendance.
I didn’t know Mr Shucks was such a fan of MIKESCHAIR until yesterday. I wonder if he listens to Life 101.9?
Thanks to all who made this day a great one. Especially our friends at Farmers State Bank in Cedar Rapids, Marion and Hiawatha. Your generosity and vision made it all possible.
We don’t have a final tally yet, but when my friend Amanda (Director of HACAP Food Reservoir) passes it along, I’ll be sure to post again.