Summer can be a great time to get out of the house and have a positive impact on your friends and neighbors. Here’s a few tips if you’re looking for ideas.
1. Send a card or handwritten note to your neighbor on their birthday
2. Organize a neighborhood “clean-up” day to pick up trash on the lawns, streets, and curbs
3. Hold an ice cream social in your backyard and provide the ice cream
4. Offer to help neighbors during vacations: get mail, water plants, mow lawn, and so on
5. Know where the elderly are in your neighborhood and check in on them
6. Take cookies to a neighbor “just because”
7. Work with others to make a vacant lot or unoccupied house presentable
8. Organize a Vacation Bible School (VBS) for the neighborhood children
9. Make it a point to stop and talk with a neighbor when time permits
What ideas do you have for showing love to your friends and neighbors? Share them in the comments.