In the heat of summer the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen. Yuck! But you also have a home and family to feed so what are some tasty ideas for lunch or dinner that won’t heat up the house?
Here are a few of my favorites:
Grilled Chicken Wraps
- Grilled (or stir fried) chicken breast slices marinated in teriyaki sauce or your favorite dry seasoning
- Grilled (or stir fried) green peppers and onions to taste
- Dab of sour cream
- Lettuce or spinach
- Shredded Cheese
- Wrap in a warm tortilla and serve with chips and salsa!
Grilled Cheese Du Jour
- Mix butter, parmesan cheese, and garlic
- Spread it over sour dough bread
- Add Monterey Jack cheese, ham, or turkey on the inside
- Spread pizza sauce on your tortilla
- Add cheese and your favorite pizza toppings
- Top with a second tortilla
- Warm on the griddle or stove top and enjoy!
Favorite Summer Sides
- Cottage Cheese
- Melon (any kind)
- Potato salad
- Side salad
- Baked beans
- Whatever fruit is on sale this week…dice and serve
And of course when all else fails….Eat Out:)!
What are some of your family favorites? Share below and I’ll give them a try!