Satan prowls around looking to trick, discourage, and isolate Christians. Fortunately we can train ourselves to recognize his attacks.
- Asymmetric warfare – the tactics of a small but committed group that takes the battle to a larger, more powerful army.
- How to respond to an unstable, dangerous world with faith instead of fear.
- The impact of biblical illiteracy on our faith and spiritual warfare.
- Putting on the armor of God:
– The belt of truth
– The breastplate of righteousness
– The shoes of the gospel of peace
– The shield of faith
– The helmet of salvation
– The Sword of the Spirit
Satan’s warfare has two goals – to divide us and discourage us. Ray explains:
“He knows as long as we stand shoulder to shoulder, we’re going to be a formidable army for God in this world. We become easy pickings when we are off by ourselves. Isolation is one of his tactics; the other one is discouragement. Satan fights dirty. He cheats. He lies. He steals. Don’t give the devil a foothold – we need to be big forgivers and quick forgivers. Never give up.”
How can we use the Word as a weapon against Satan? There are three simple steps we can take to memorize Scripture and sharpen our Sword.
- Say it out loud – something happens in your spiritual mindset when you hear your own voice reciting the promises of God.
- Write it down, by hand.
- Repeat it.