In her life as a busy mother of four – soon to be six – children, Leslie has battled comparison, weariness, impatience, and inadequacy. She shares her own lessons and joys in the parenting journey.
“If my heart is open and surrendered and yielded to Christ, then that is where I need to be.”
Leslie and Susie unpack
• The importance of praying for your children
• Setting aside time each day to be with God, regardless of the season of life – Leslie says, be careful with your “me” time. “I’ve had to learn what to say ‘yes’ to and what to say ‘no’ to. The best ‘me’ time isn’t really ‘me’ time but ‘God’ time! I go to Him and I unburden my soul, and I take a long walk with my headphones on and listen to Scripture… that is what is going to give us strength for the battle.”
• How to recognize and combat the lies and spiritual warfare that is unique to mothers
• Why it’s dangerous to become a mother to fulfill your own happiness
• How to humble yourself and ask for help, whether that’s from your husband, your mother, a mentor, or a close couple at church
Leslie says, it’s not easy, but the most important thing is your focus.
“What a privilege to be entrusted with these children – I’m not primarily doing this for my happiness, I’m doing this for the glory of God. When you’re doing it only for your own happiness you become resentful of those challenges.”
Key Scriptures: Psalm 113:9