Life 101.9’s Big Help For Hunger is back! Your donation of non-perishable food items will help restock food pantries all over Eastern Iowa! Life 101.9 will be at local Hy-Vee stores on Saturday, November 23rd from 9am to 2pm collecting your food donations.
We will be at these 3 locations November 23rd:
- Crossroads Hy-Vee in Waterloo – collecting food for the Northeast Iowa Food Bank.
- Oakland Road Hy-Vee in Cedar Rapids – collecting food for HACAP.
- Warren Plaza Hy-Vee in Dubuque – collecting food for St. Stephen’s Food Bank.
Needed items include:
- Foods high in protein such as canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon), peanut butter, and canned or dried beans
- Foods high in nutrients, such as canned fruits and vegetables
- Whole-grain foods such as rice, cereal and pasta
- Soups, chilies and stews
- 100 percent fruit juice
Let’s work together to make Eastern Iowa a better place. When we all do something small, the results can be big!