I don’t know a lot of people who think this year flew by. For most of us, 2020 felt like the longest year ever! More time at home, cancelled plans and uncertainty about the future have caused the year to drag by at a much slower pace than usual.
Even during this difficult season, God has been working in big ways in Eastern Iowa. The Life 101.9 family has been hard at work this year, providing encouragement and hope during a challenging year. Because of your prayers and financial support:
– Over 1,000 nights were sponsored for people who are homeless at shelters all over Eastern Iowa during Life 101.9’s “Share the Love” initiative.
– Over 300 Life 101.9 listeners grew closer to the Lord by participating in the Life 101.9 Life Group.
– Nearly $6,000 worth of gift cards were donated to families with a child receiving care at the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital during Life 101.9’s “Cards for Kids” drive.
– Over 400 listeners had fun with their families while learning more about God during Life 101.9’s Virtual Summer Camp.
– This week, 5 very special Eastern Iowa families will receive the help they need to make the Christmas season a little easier through Life 101.9’s Christmas Wish.
Plus, over 120,000 “right songs at the right time” played to bring hope to listeners all over Eastern Iowa. We cannot do this without our partnership with friends like you. Thank you!
Without question, 2020 has been a difficult year. Through it all, though, God has been with us every step of the way. While none of us know what is to come in the New Year, we can know that God is in control.
I have been thinking about Philippians 4:6-7 a lot these days, and it seems like a good passage to focus on right now. It says “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Thank you for being a part of the Life 101.9 family in 2020. While it make look different, we pray that you have a Christmas filled with a heartfelt and meaningful celebration of Jesus, our Savior.